Results orientated professional with significant
experience as an
educator and in various other occupations. Effective
communication and technical skills allow for the visualization of
strategic planning solutions through a cooperative and creative
resolution process. Proven ability to develop and deliver an
integrated curriculum utilizing differentiated instruction.
philosophy is that knowledge is a road that leads to an improved
quality of life.
- A seasoned instructor, provided training on financial
sales concepts, fostered a positive, safe and unbiased learning
- Developed and implemented programs and utilized a variety
materials to facilitate different learning styles.
- Attained success through creative thinking, meeting
innovative solutions that are fresh, new and distinctive. In addition,
promoted the organization through public and client presentations.
- A team player who gets along well with others and places a
priority on integrity, trust and mutual understanding as the keys to
- Proven track record of meeting & exceeding targets.
UNIVERSITY OF MANITOBA (2011 – Present)
Post Baccalaureate in Special Education
UNIVERSITY OF WINNIPEG (2005 –
Bachelor of Education / B.A. Program
RED RIVER COLLEGE
Certificate in Adult Education, Province of Manitoba (2004)
Certificate in Financial Planning (1998)
UNIVERSITY OF MANITOBA (1980)
Faculty of Science (one year)
- Great West Life/Investors Group: » Advanced
Certificate » Life Insurance Certificate/License »
- Bank of Montreal: » Personal lending Skills
Seminar Certificate »
Relationship Selling Skills Seminar Certificate
- Canadian Securities Institute » Canadian
- Investment Funds Institute of Canada » Canadian
Investment Funds Course
WINNIPEG SCHOOL DIVISION 2011 -
Teacher, Elmwood High School
- Presently teaching Grade 12 Law & Psychology, Grade 12 & 11 Accounting,
Grade 11 Current Topics in Science, Grade 10 Digital Film, Grade 9 Science.
- Developing a computer gaming course to reach at-risk students.
RED RIVER COLLEGE 2000 -
Instructor, Continuing Education
Achievements: Students have consistently evaluated
me in excess of 90%
in anonymous surveys regarding my teaching abilities.
- Teach the courses for the Certificate in Financial Planning
and the Canadian Investment Fund Course.
- Developed the curriculum and course outline for the
Financial Planning program and created the introductory course to it.
Visit my Red River
College course website.
CROCUS INVESTMENT FUND 2000 - 2005
Manager, Advisor Support Services
In the position of Manager, Advisor Support Services, I was responsible
for the training and management of the Advisor Support Centre Staff,
Achievements: Created the dealer
communications and bulletins
along with the publication of the monthly news article and financial
planning concepts and sales pieces. Was asked by the Caisse
Populaire de St. Boniface to develop and deliver a sales referral
building presentation to their branch system, which was then picked up
by many in the Caisse and Credit Union system.
- Supervised and trained the ASC staff on computer usage,
service, and on marketing strategies.
- Reviewed staff performance, including provided feedback on
performance and on staff development.
- Developed reporting procedures including specific reports
- Produced, enhanced, managed and maintained the sales
contact database, to help direct the technological matters and to
improve delivery of all value added services.
- Promoted Crocus Investment Fund by giving public and dealer
presentations and was responsible for all trade shows and information
booths in the marketing, staffing and quality control.
- Was responsible for the updating, delivery and examination
Crocus Licensing Course, approved by the Manitoba Securities
Commission, to all mutual fund representatives who wished to be
licensed to sell labour sponsored funds.
HY-LINE CREDIT UNION 1998 -
Financial Account Manager
Achievements: Personal sales in 1999 were
in excess of one
million dollars. Wrote the presentation and developed the
audio-visuals for the Manitoba Hydro Group RRSP program (Hy-Line was
awarded the contract).
- Responsible for the financial planning referrals from the
- Special emphasis on the Hydro Group RRSP.
- Coached and trained Member Service Representatives.
CAMBRIAN CREDIT UNION 1991 –
Financial Services Manager/Assistant Branch
Achievements: Grew the branch by
40% with a 30%
sales. Also selected as a member of a small team, who
and recommended a new banking computer system for the company.
- Worked as part of the management team for the Southdale
responsibility for supervising own staff, and the overall branch staff,
in absence of the manager. Supervised the personal lending
services and investment services and also provided commercial lending
services to the large asset members.
INVESTORS GROUP 1988 - 1991
MEMBERSHIPS & COMMUNITY
- Provided investment and life insurance products to my
responsibility for all marketing and advertising initiatives to promote
- Member ASCD
- Member MSSTA
- Kidzone Large Group Teacher - Riverwood Community Church
- Provincial Treasurer - Canadian Association of Financial
- Member of the National Convention Committee - Canadian
- Treasurer and Trustee - Garden Park Church.
- Presenter - Credit Union Central School Choices Program.
- Leader - Scouts Canada.
- Treasurer - All Saints Kinsman Club.
- Volunteer - Princess Elizabeth Municipal Hospital.